Local news anchor, Amber Woods, seemed to have it all – a thriving career, two beautiful children, and a doting husband named Drake. Life was perfect…until her world was turned upside down in one fateful night.
While the incident caused Amber to renew her priorities; Drake was unable to deal with what happened, and sank into a deep depression laced with infidelity and alcohol.
Hoping a change of scenery would salvage her quickly deteriorating marriage, Amber agreed to move to New York; but it didn’t take long for her to discover that the past is not always left in the past.
Can Amber save her marriage without losing herself along the way? What will she do when darkness breaks her will to keep trying?
Welcome back Traci. I’m guessing this young lady with you is Amber?
- Yes. This is Amber Marie Woods
Amber, can you tell us where you were born?
- Spring Hill, Kansas (a little town near Wichita) 1980
- I grew up in a little town near Wichita, Kansas, called Spring Hill. It’s the type of place where everybody knows everyone’s business, but also works together to keep each other safe. I have fond memories of riding my bike home from school and playing in the sprinkler in my front yard with the neighborhood kids all summer. The crime rate is next to nothing. And we have the most beautiful, scenic back roads I’ve ever seen. It’s a great little town. I always thought I’d raise my kids there. But you never know what life will throw your way and change your dreams.
Can you tell us a little bit about yourself, and how you view life?
- I try my best to be a good person to set an example for my kids … but often I fail
- I am loving person, devoted mom and wife … but I have a hot temper at times – after all, I am a redhead J
Do you have a family or job? If so, can you tell us about them?
- My dad died in combat when I was very young. My mom raised me by herself, and she is my biggest supporter.
- I’ve always wanted to be a wife and mother. I’m married. Even though I suspect he is cheating on me, I remain faithful to him. I would like my husband to start being a part of our family again. But my yoga teacher, Paul, sure is a sexy man. Hey, I have eyes.
- I was a top news anchor, but I quit my job when … well, a terrible tragedy helped me put some things into perspective in my life.
- Even though I love being a mom, I miss working in the corporate world sometimes. I miss having a reason to dress up and wear high heels and makeup every day.
What is your biggest accomplishment?
- I am proud of the type of mom I am to my children. I’m also proud that I achieved so much while in the corporate world. I actually get the most accomplished under pressure, but I often make others around me miserable during that time because I tend to get tunnel vision.
- I try to get along with everyone.
Thank you Amber. That is a wonderful example to live up to for you children. It has been fun getting to know you better, and I wish you all the best. Traci, thank you so much for bringing her by.
If you are interested in finding out more, feel free to hop over to Traci’s book page for When Darkness Breaks. If you wish to read Amber’s story, just click on the image above to purchase your copy.
If you would like me to host an author and/or character interview for you, please head on over to my “Offered Services” page and leave me a submission.
In the mean time, I shall see you next week for another Author’s interview! Happy writing between now and then, and peaceful dreams when you can slip away to sleep.