Welcome back for our Character Interview series. Today, Marcia has returned with Mary from her book Perfect Match. Mary, by any chance do you have a different name or a nickname you prefer?
- No, I don’t have a nickname.
Then Mary it will be.
Let’s start with the simple things, first. Can you tell us a little about yourself and where you are from?
- I’m an average human with flaws.
- I’m a good person. I try to be fair with everyone.
- I was born in a loving middle class family. I was born and grew up In San Francisco, [California], in Russian Hill. I love the city.
- [My parents,] they are the most amazing people in this world, very understanding and supportive.
- I have two brothers and one sister. I’m the youngest
Do you like being in a crowd, or off by yourself?
- I’m extroverted and patient. My sin is to perfectionist.
- Yes, I get along with others well. I like to have company. I have many friends.
With a large crowd, I’m sure there are times when you run into conflicts and personality pressures. Do you withstand the storms, or do they blow you around?
- I thought I was able to handle pressure but after what I went thru I learned that I can’t handle pressure well.
So, there is someone who can make you uncomfortable?
- My jealous boyfriend.
If he complemented you, how would you reply?
- Don’t be such a jerk.
Are any of your friends allies, or do you have to rely on family?
- My brother and my family are my allies.
Is the boyfriend still around to bother you?
- No, not at the moment.
If one of them insulted, what do you think your response would be?
- I would ask him what was going on, what was wrong.
If you could change anything from your past, would you?
- That I could go back in time and changed my choices
If you could be anything in the world, what would you choose?
- I would like to be a powerful witch capable to change bad people into good one.
Would you change anything about yourself, other than becoming a witch?
- I would like not to trust in everyone.
Where do you work, that you say you shouldn’t trust everyone?
- I’m a lawyer. I love what I do.
Have you considered a new relationship, possibly getting married, since you broke up with your boyfriend?
- I don’t believe in happy-ever-after anymore. All I want is to invest in my career.
Do you have any deep, dark secrets you are willing to share?
- I don’t have any.
Understandable. How about any big fears?
- I’m afraid of falling in love with the wrong one again.
To end on a positive note, can you tell us your biggest achievement?
- I’m proud that I was able to overcome part of my fears. If I hadn’t, I could not have my life back.
That is a big accomplishment.
Thank you Mary, and Marcia for stopping by today. It has been fun getting to know you both, and you are welcome to stop by again when ever you wish.
If you enjoyed getting to know Mary, and wish to learn more about her, you can go here, and pick up a copy of Perfect Match today.
If you would like to get to know Marcia a little better, and missed her interview, you can find it here. If you would like to get to know Marcia a little better, you can find her on her blog here, or on Facebook here. You can also connect with her on Twitter here.
I look forward to seeing you back next week, when we talk with Ian Martyn.