Today we are welcoming Elizabeth back, and she has brought with her Olivia Roberts. Welcome ladies, I’m excited you could make it in today.
Olivia, may can you share a little about yourself?
- I was born outside of Asheville North Carolina and I’m a good person who got caught up in a bad situation.
- My parents were very conventional. Conservative, church going folks, my father served in the Army before marrying my mother who wanted to be a wife and mother. They wanted my life to be better and insisted I go to college. They were not happy when I began to date my late husband because he had a bad boy reputation.
- I grew up in a very small and close knit community. I married my high school sweetheart. I was a high school cheerleader. I did Girl Scouts and 4-H and Future Homemakers of America. Everything was as American as apple pie.
Did your personality help you develop how you handle pressure?
- I was a teacher before I retired.
- Well, I’ve always seen myself as conservative. I was a wife and mother and now a grandmother. Recently I’ve found myself to be stronger than I ever imagined and I have a hotter temper than I thought.
- In the past I would have said no. I had a very conventional life. Now I can handle pressure. If someone tries to make me do something against my wishes I will stick to my guns. I’m a lot tougher than I ever believed.
I’m sure being in your position has brought you a lot of unwanted attention, Olivia. Do you have anyone who you turn to as a friend or ally?
- Sometimes you have to trust people even when you don’t know them well. I have learned to follow my gut instinct. I trust my neighbor Bill, my friend Judy, and of course my sons. I have also come to trust new friends, Mike and Shelli. (Laughing) I trust my hairdresser.
Do you consider any single person an enemy, or is the definition applied to larger group?
- I think people who lie to protect themselves when they have done something wrong need to be punished. I’m not very happy with my government or for that matter any government these days. We are supposed to be a government of the people but it isn’t that way anymore.
Would you like to see anything changed in the way things are done?
- I would like to see the government and people in the government forced to come clean on crimes that have been covered up. I would like to see true government transparency.
How do you handle complements and insults from friends and enemies?
- If an enemy complements me, I’d say, “Thank you but I am not some dumb old lady. I know you are trying to get over on me and it will not work.”
- If a friend insults me, I tend to respond with, “Why would you say that? What have I done to make you feel that way?”
If you could change anything about yourself, or become any creature, what would you choose?
- Oh I would love to be a bird. I think it would be wonderful to fly away, high above the clouds and feel that freedom.
- I’d also like to be taller and I’d like to learn how to physically defend myself.
Speaking of dreams and wishes, do you have a special someone that you wish for?
- Absolutely. I have been blessed to find my soulmate even this late in my life. But I prefer not to talk too much about Bill.
- There is only one man I would ever consider marrying now.
Do you have a dark secret you can share?
- Hmm, I fell in love with my best friend and his secret is my biggest secret.
What about fears? Any big ones lurking in the closet?
- My greatest fear is being caught and separated from my loved ones.
One last question to end on a positive note. What is your biggest accomplishment?
- I’m very proud of my children especially my son Jesse. I am proud of my friend Bill who is the bravest person I know.
Thank you Olivia. I has been an honor talking with you today.
Elizabeth, thank you so much for bringing Olivia with you today. It has been fun, getting to know her a little bit better.
If you want to read more of Olivia’s story, the image above will take you to Amazon where you can pick up your copy today. If you missed Elizabeth’s author interview, you can read it here, and if you enjoy the series, then come back this Saturday for our next guest, Jackie Perry.
If you are interested in having me host your author and character interviews, then please drop by my “Offered Services” and submit your request.
Until next time, happy reading!