The very few “How to Write” articles I’ve published, all gathered together into one place.
- Repurposing Blog Content – Hosted on David M. Kelly’s blog, I go through the process I use to select content for twitter and Facebook posts.
- Platform Building Tool One - Just about anyone who puts a product up for sale now days needs to have a social media presence, or “Platform”, if they expect to make any sales. Almost all the literature agrees that while you can succeed with the shotgun approach, scattering your marketing efforts across all the platforms available, it is usually […]
- Connecting – How to make it meaningful - When you’ve finally got something to say, be it via a blog, a book, a tweet, or a Facebook post, how do you make a meaningful connection? There are so many instances I see of someone throwing words out into cyberspace, and then letting them fade away. Like a shout into a noisy room. Those […]
- Blogs, Author Platforms, Connecting (Pt. 1) - Yes, I know. I said I was going to start on the Sunlits “behind” the scene posts this week. That is still on the table, I promise. I’ll probably be alternating for a few months between this series, and the Sunlit series because I just can’t figure out when else to slide this one […]
- Blogs, Author Platforms, Connecting (Pt. 2) - Last time, we talked about what to include in your content. And, while the list seemed fairly long, there are some things that you need to consider when putting your content together. One of the biggest, especially for an author – what NOT to include in your blog content. Remember: What gets posted to the […]
- Blogs, Author Platforms, Connecting (Pt. 3) - Well, hello there! Guess you have some content for your blog, and now are trying to figure out what to do with it. I really debated whether to post this one first, or the content related posts (Platforming pt. 1 and Platforming pt. 2) first. Since you’ve got some content, and are thinking […]
- Blogs, Author Platforms, and Connecting (pt. 4) - Welcome back. Ready for the next step? Today, I’ll be talking about how to set up your posts on a schedule, and finalize any modifications you may wish to make to your blog. I know, I know, there’s quite a few posts out and about that talk about some of this, I’m just adding […]
- Blogs, Author Platforms, and Connecting (pt 5) - We’ve been talking about keeping your posts organized. When you were setting up your blog, you made the decision about what types of posts you’d be making, how often you’d be posting, and where you’d be feeding the posts through to. If you have an active blog, like I do, there will come a […]
- Blogs, Author Platforms, and Connecting (pt 6) - And, we’re back once again to discuss platforming. So far, it’s mostly been about working on the “backside” of your platform. Today, we’ve finally built up your original foundation that you are ready to branch out and expand on what you’ve done so far. There are three key ideas to make this happen. I’ll try […]
- Blogs, Author Platforms, and Connecting (pt 7) - Last week I wound up wandering off into Twitter scheduling. This week, I’ll probably wind up wandering a little, but I plan on trying to cover Facebook. I’m having to make a nod to Tumblr because it is somewhere in between Facebook and Twitter for activity, I just haven’t had a chance to figure out […]
The Graphic Side of Writing
Guest post on The Story Reading Ape