I am a full-time student at our local college in a masters degree. I have always been a helping type, so I am hoping this time the career available after graduation lets me do what I love to do – help. I have also loved reading, hearing, or telling a rousing good tale. I am trying to marry the two loves into a schedule I can live on. Often both desires are more than a full-time commitment.
Oh, and let’s not forget the other personal biggie – I’m a night owl. If it’s before noon, I can pretend to be functional, but that’s just the caffeine talking. If I go too many days before 10 AM, even a direct infusion of caffeine isn’t enough to make me a nice person to be around. And, for some reason most of the world seems to think that a good time to start work is 7:30 to 8:00 AM. Umm, how about we just go ahead and skip the write ups, bad attitudes, and general unpleasantness that I become? I’ll do us all a favor, and look at something that lets me cater to my lazy morning tendencies.
Sound good to you?
Thing is, I’m not really all that lazy. I think better at night, and my muse tends to visit me at the most God awful hours of the morning. So, I tend to wind up writing late into the wee hours of the morning, which is part of why I’m such a nightmare when I have to be up before noon. I admit, writing for me can be as enthralling as reading. There are times I’ll be in the middle of writing something, and have to walk away for a day or two in order to indulge a reading binge.
Another thing, which I’m sure you’re noticing already… I talk. A lot. For some reason, I have yet to define, I always do my best to answer in the most thorough manner possible. This often leads to an encyclopedia answer.
If you’re trying to get to know me a little better, then I have just the resources you’ve been looking for. Here is the list of interviews others have given me. They were a fun experience, and a bit strange. I’m used to being on the other side of the table. There are a few more interviews or tours in the works (aren’t there always?), and as they go live, I’ll add them to the growing list.
- A Chance to Know Me – Hosted on The Story Reading Ape’s Blog, this is an article where you get to know a little more about me, how my story developed, and why I write. (Besides, this blog has some really, really good information. Highly recommend checking it out.)
- Author Interview: K. Caffee – Hosted on Young’s A Harem Boy’s Saga blog, this is an interview where I discuss the changes that my books have undergone, with an emphasis on the growing social issue of feral children.
- 20 questions with Charles McGregory – Hosted on live journal
- Author Interview – Hosted on Marcia Martin’s blog, you get a chance to see and learn more about the author behind the books. This interview focuses on the Followers of Torments series
- Another wonderful Author Interview – Hosted on Ailsa Abram’s blog. Again, it’s focused on my series, but we talk about so much more.
- Hosted by Charity Bradford, here’s another interview for you to enjoy